I originally got this Simple White (Cup)cake recipe from here.
But when I made the recipe into cupcakes for my Sweet C’s first birthday party in the spring I made a couple changes. This is what I did and they were DELICIOUS! (And super easy!)
SIMPLE WHITE CUPCAKES
- 1 cup white sugar (I would love to experiment without using white sugar in this recipe!)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur’s White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon and add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
There, that was easy, wasn’t it? Enjoy these delicious cupcakes with or without frosting. Or even better, add a scoop (or two) of your favorite all natural ice cream like Turkey Hill’s All Natural Chocolate!
Today I feel especially blessed by witnessing the love celebrated in the marriage of a close family friend. Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Wright!